Vision & Objectives
MWIT strives to provide the best international standard of education at the upper secondary level for exceptionally gifted students in science, mathematics and technology. The school endeavors to groom innovative thinkers who combine unrivaled morals and integrity with a passion to further develop our country.
- Develop the administration and the education for high school students with excellence in mathematics and science to meet with international standards.
- Prepare curricula, teach procedures, media and instruments for the use in the School to meet with international standards.
- Develop educational standards of the School and promote the participation of the relevant agencies and private sectors in such development.
- Provide special services on scientific and mathematical education in high school.
Goals & Values
- Mastering scientific, mathematical and technological knowledge.
- Nurturing creative and inquisitive minds.
- Creating a lifelong passion for learning.
- Developing a sense of integrity, morality and righteousness.
- To have a sense of responsibility, leadership, self-worth, pride, discipline, morality, ethics, compassion, and public service.
- To have thorough and well-rounded knowledge of mathematics, science and technology concepts as characteristics of researchers, inventors, innovators, and developers.
- To possess knowledge and proficiency of foreign languages as well as the ability to effectively utilize media and information technology.
- To approach learning with a systematic and inquiring critical mind, to be well-rounded and able to integrate a wide range of knowledge.
- To be aware and proud of the Thai identity; our language, arts and culture and wisdom; to understand our national history and uphold democratic values; to be confident in cross-cultural situations.
- To maintain maximum mental and physical well-being
- To develop the following as necessary for a quality life:
- Interpersonal skills
- Critical and creative thinking skills
- Communication skills
- Learning skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Planning skills and self-discipline
Wisdom makes man pure.
Royal Given Name and Emblem their meaning “Mahidol Wittanusorn School”. The name given by HRH Princess Chakri Sirindhorn, signifies HRH Prince Mahidol of Songkla’s memorial of his contribution in academic advancement.
In 1992, upon the royal permission of King Rama IX, the royal cypher of HRH Prince Mahidol of Songkla was given to be used as a part of Mahidol Wittayanusorn School emblem.
The emblem composes of a circle with a motto
“Paññāya parisujjhati : Wisdom makes man pure” on the outer ring, a Thai script “ม” (Mo) under a discus (Chakra), a trident (Trisula), and a Great Crown of Victory (Phra Maha Phichai Mongkut) in the center of the inner circle, and a text “Mahidol Wittayanusorn School” at the bottom of the circle.
Thai script “Mo” abbreviates from the name of His Royal Highness Prince Mahidol of Songkla, regarded as the father of modern medicine of Thailand.
The school emblem indicates that students of Mahidol Wittayanusorn must possess both excellence in academic skills and knowledge, and at the same time, a righteous mind under the benevolence of HRH Prince Mahidol of Songkla, the father of modern medicine of Thailand.
Blue & Yellow
Mahidol Wittayanusorn March, A school anthem of MWIT, written since before the school was changed to public organization
“We are Mahidol Wittayanusorn, enhanced with abilities and skills.
Bring technology to develop our nation.
Scientists, we thrive in morality.
Under our dignified blue-yellow flag, together we are tied with unity.
Elegantly blooms the Sri Trang throughout the land.
And so blooms Mahidol Wittayanusorn.”
Next Page >>